The Client Executive - Telecom industry is responsible for the total customer relationship with one strategic or several important clients. Plans and executes an effective relationship strategy and maintains effective long-term business relationships at the senior level with key decision makers and influencers. Is the integrator of IBM before the customer. Identifies and prioritizes IBM opportunities and develops solutions strategies. Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments. Responsible for developing an effective account plan, including ibm.com activity. Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts.
Following are the primary roles/responsibilities of the Client Manager:
- Manages the total customer relationship; integrator of IBM.
- Maintains senior executive relationships
- Leads account planning and opportunity identification
- Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations for assigned accounts
- Responsible for planning of ibm.com activity for assigned accounts
- Drives growth in assigned accounts.
- Opportunity prioritization and overall account plan for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts
- Applies comprehensive understanding of sales processes, including the IBM Client Value Method.
- Demonstrates a professional knowledge of business acumen, including an understanding of the customers’ business, industry, economic trends, issues and competition.
- Understands organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, both IBM and clients.
- Understands IBM strategies, offerings, and technologies. Applies knowledge of information technology and leading edge solutions related to the client’s business.
- Effectively utilizes channels
- Masters the required proficiency levels of the Relationship Discipline skills for this position.
- Demonstrates expertise in relationship skills which promote and enable a deep understanding the customers’ business goals and objectives.
- Mentors and provides guidance to others in the development of their strategies and plans.
- Adapts communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners resulting in common agreements.
- Analyzes complex new situations, anticipates potential problems and future trends, assesses opportunities’ impacts and risks.
- Clearly defines problems, logically diagnoses causes, identifies solutions and creates action plans.
- Applies creativity and judgment in developing new approaches and solutions.
- Responsible for managing the total customer relationship for all assigned accounts. Qualifies and manages IBM opportunities, including both large and complex ones. Guides and participates in the development of the solution and support strategy based on an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, industry trends and directions, their competitors, their relative position in the industry and IBM capabilities in the client environment.
- A recognized expert. Secures commitment and agreement on client solutions. Responsible for complex projects; decides on priorities following general business unit directives.
- Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts. Leads the development and implementation of the account plan(s), including executive relationship strategy and coverage plans. Leverages channels to maintain and improve customer satisfaction and maximize revenue. Utilizes the SET/MET process and is proactive in improving customer satisfaction. Monitors and maintains an awareness of all key IBM/client activities, including the representation of client issues, needs and concerns throughout IBM. Consistently delivers solutions which are highly valued by the client and IBM and are considered high impact, complex and strategic by both.
Industry expertise - Telecommunications is required
Proven sales track-record is required
Group ID: IBM Sales & Distribution
Country: South Africa
Job Family: Not Applicable